How do you define an ideal weekend? How about tucking comfortably in bed and watching your favorite movies and TV series the entire day? Wow! It sounds like fun. If you are a die-hard movie fan and deadly-addictive to TV series, chances are you must have heard the name “KODI.” But, the blessing of Kodi comes with a curse of censorship. Kodi is illegal. To get the most fun out of your Kodi, a VPN is all you need.
What is Kodi?
Kodi – an open source (and free!) software for your love of streaming; turn your device into a digital box to stream files from the internet, The content that Kodi offers ranges from live TV to movies, TV shows, music, books, games, sport, and whatnot. Although Kodi was designed initially for the Microsoft Xbox, it has continued to evolve and revamped into a home of entertainment. It’s created its community of fans and developers.
Kodi has the interface that works with both local and network storage services you’re already subscribed to. Be aware! Kodi doesn’t come with its content, instead host official and third-party addons to enhance Kodi experience.
What Makes Kodi Number 1 Choice For The Binge-Watchers?
The popularity of Kodi is acclaimed among the users due to its accessibility and user-friendly interface. In a short period, Kodi has become one of the most popular streaming platforms enjoyed by millions of users across the world.
The best part about Kodi is that a user can access video and audio content from other platforms as well by installing third-party add-ons. And, when we say add-ons, believe me, there is a plethora of option available. However, a considerable amount of add-ons are restricted to specific regions only. So, if you decided to watch BBC iPlayer via Kodi add-on and you reside in Nigeria, that might not be possible. The best VPN for Kodi helps you unblock these add-ons.
Other than geo-blocking, copyright infringement laws in many regions of the world pose a great threat to Kodi users. Let’s say you are a UK citizen and want to use Kodi; you cannot. The UK government has banned the use of Kodi. Sell and purchase of Kodi boxes is illegal in the UK. Anyone found doing so will face legal penalties. This issue can be catered by using a Kodi VPN.
I hope, you are convinced that Kodi VPN is a must-to-have tool for you. Here the problem is, which VPN to choose. There are more than 300+ VPN providers in the market and each claim to be the best. In reality, most of the VPNs are nothing but a false claim. We have tested a dozen VPN providers and drafted a list of top 5 best VPNs for Kodi. The selected ones are listed below:
List of 5 Best VPNs for Kodi
Now, let’s move on and discuss ‘how to install a VPN on Kodi.’
Step-By-Step Guide to Install VPN on Kodi
Before you install Kodi on any of your respective devices, it is important for you to understand how to use VPN with Kodi. We are taking a simple example of Netflix USA to make you understand the process of VPN with Kodi. So shall we begin?
- First, you need to buy a VPN subscription. [Not all VPNs are Kodi supported. That’s why we have provided you a list of top 5 Kodi VPNs].
- Once you have a VPN subscription, download the VPN app or manually setup on your respective device.
- Launch the VPN app and enter the credentials
- Select USA server and connect to the VPN
- Now install Kodi on your device (we will provide you a step-by-step process for a different device in this article)
- Install Kodi add-on that offers Netflix as one of the available channels
- Once the add-on is installed, go to Netflix and enjoy USA library without any glitches or restrictions.
Here’s how you can install VPN on Kodi using either OpenELEC Isengard or OpenELEC Krypton.
- Open Kodi app on your device and click on ‘Settings’ and select ‘File Manager’
- Double click on ‘Add source’
- A box will appear, click on ‘None’ and enter the URL of your VPN provider and hit ‘Done’ [If you don’t know what URL to enter, contact live chat support]
- Give a name to your installation like ‘Kodi Add-on’ and click ‘Done’ and hit ‘OK’
- Come back to your Kodi ‘Home Screen’
- Select ‘Add-ons’ and click on ‘Add-on Browser’
- Start the installation from the zip file and click on the ‘Kodi Add-on.’ It’s the same file you created of your VPN provider.
- Your repository will start downloading
- Once the installation is done, go to ‘Program Add-ons’ and click on [VPN Provider OpenVPN] and hit on ‘Add-on Settings’
- A box will appear, now enter your VPN provider credentials
- To select the server of your choice click on ‘Change or Disconnect VPN’ Now, select the server from the list provided and connect
You are now 100% protected with your Kodi VPN.
And, here comes the tricky part; installing Kodi on different devices.
Steps to Install Kodi on Windows
Before installing Kodi on your Windows device, it is recommended to connect to a VPN first.
- Go to Microsoft store and search for Kodi or download it from the official website
- Check the destination of downloaded files and start the setup
- Click on “I Agree” to accept Kodi license agreement
- Select the components and hit the ‘Next’ button
- Designate a folder where you want to install Kodi and click ‘Next’
- The installation will start in a couple of seconds
- As soon as the installation is completed, check on ‘Kodi Run’ and click ‘Finish’
Steps to Install Kodi on Mac
Don’t forget to download best Mac VPN before start using Kodi on your Mac device.
- Download the latest version of Kodi on mac from its official website.
- Click on Kodi disk image to open it
- Now, drag the Kodi icon into the application folder so it will start downloading on your device
- Once the installation is complete, click to open Kodi. If you see this message, “Cannot open, because it is from an unidentified developer”, don’t panic. It is because of the setting of your Gatekeeper. Now, either press CMD+Click or right click on the Kodi app. Then click Open and it will resolve the issue. You can also adapt second option by visiting ‘Security & Privacy’ section of System Preferences’ and select ‘Anywhere’ under the option of ‘Allow applications downloaded from.’
- Holaa! You are done and now you can use Kodi on your Mac device.
Steps to Install Kodi on Android
Using Kodi on Android gives you access to watch movies and TV shows on the go. This procedure is same for all android devices including phones, tablets, and smart TVs.
- Click on ‘My Apps’ on home screen
- Now, click on ‘Browser’
- Enter https://kodi.tv in the browser URL bar and press ‘OK’
- Now, go to ‘Downloads’
- Click on ‘ARM Version’
- Then, go back to home screen and click on ‘My Apps’
- Go to ‘App Installer’
- Click on ‘Local Disk’
- Search ‘Kodi App; and hit ‘OK’ to start installation
- A pop-up will appear, click ‘Install’
- Once the installation is done, click on ‘Open’
Viola! Enjoy Kodi on your Android devices.
Steps to Install Kodi on iOS
The given steps are only for iPhone and iPad
- Go to Safari browser and search tweakboxapp.com
- Allow the site to display you a configuration profile and start downloading
- Go to the profile and select ‘Install again’
- Now, open the app and you will see ads pop-up. Swipe the ads or click on ‘x’ sign
- Go to ‘Apps’ section and under ‘Categories’ select ‘TweakBox App’
- Search the Kodi app via search bar at the top of the screen
- Go to ‘Settings’, ‘General’ and select ‘Profile and Devices Management’
- Click ‘Enterprise App’ and then click ’Trust’
- Hit ‘Trust’ again and Kodi will appear on your iOS device home screen and ready to use
Are you still on the edge of deciding whether you want to get a Kodi VPN or not? Well, read further!
Do I Need A VPN for Kodi?
At the beginning of the article, we have mentioned that Kodi add-ons are considerably restricted to specific regions only. The best VPN for Kodi can help you bypass these restrictions. Apart from this one particular reason, there are many other which will make you buy the VPN for Kodi instantly. Let’s go check out some of the most common uses of Kodi VPN.
Don’t Cross Ways with Legal Authorities, Get a Kodi VPN For A Safe Ride
DMCA, Infringement laws, Copyright issues, and media houses are all lurking to catch you red-handed while watching movies and TV shows online, especially on Kodi. Based on this fact, many Kodi addons and repositories getting shut down on a daily basis. If you don’t want to face legal issues, Kodi VPN is your savior.
Irritated With A Bumpy Ride, Gear-Up your Kodi Speed With A VPN
Not to mentions, as we all might have heard about the brutal murder of Net Neutrality, which provided the complete control to ISPs to slow down internet speed anytime. Internet throttling has become a serious issue in many countries like USA, Canada and different regions of Europe. ISPs are asking extra charges for you to enjoy a fast internet connection. Why pay more when you can trick your ISP by hiding your IP.
You Have Been Watched – Avoid Outside Intrusion On Kodi with a VPN
NSA, GCHQ, and the government of ‘14 Eyes’ participant countries are constantly snooping on your online activities. Don’t let them know what are you watching on your Kodi device by getting anonymity completely with a Kodi VPN.
The Door is locked – Unlock Doors to Unlimited Content with a Kodi VPN
Other than add-ons, you might also face issues while accessing different channels or content on your Kodi. We can take the example of UFC and Boxing. Live streaming of UFC and boxing matches via Pay-Per-View is blocked in many regions. With the best VPN for Kodi, you can get out of your region and be a virtual residence of USA or UK, where live streaming is available.
What Is Your Key Takeaway?
Kodi is free, easy and offers much more than we can expect. It is home of the best entertainment ranging from movies, TV series, sports, documentaries, music, and online games. Each add-on is a complete world in itself, but to access them safely, you need a VPN.
We hope you have got everything you were searching when landed to our blog. A best Kodi VPN is your savior on the internet when it comes to online surveillance, censorship, and freedom.
Keep browsing, streaming and happy surfing online and stay connected with AllBestVPN.com